My role is to support you in a practical and emotional capacity. As a team (doula and parents) we can decide how best you think I can support you. I can then tailor your package to suit you and your family. I am not a medical practitioner and do not provide medical advice.
Here are some of the services I can provide:
- Complimentary initial consultation.
- Two ante natal visits to discuss your intentions for your birth and early parenthood, any concerns you may have about birth and parenthood and my role in this process. These sessions are important for us getting to know one another and building a rapport.
- Assistance drawing up a birth plan and newborn care plan, helping you clarify your preferences and exploring the options with you. As well as signposting you to more specialist information.
- Unlimited phone and email support to answer any questions you might have as well as support during your pregnancy, early labour, and early postpartum period.
- On-call availability from when you reach full term.
- Continuous emotional and practical support for you and your family throughout your labour and birth. As a doula I can attend your labour from the very beginning at home and accompany you to hospital or birthing centre (if desired) or alternatively remain with you for a home birth.
- I can act as your spokesperson (under your direction) to ensure your wishes and birth plan are being adhered to.
- One postpartum visit, to celebrate the birth of your baby, reflect on your experiences and offer some initial support in your exciting new journey.
- Complimentary Initial meeting (if I have been your birth doula this probably won’t be necessary).
- Unlimited phone and email support for the period mutually decided (this obviously may extend as time passes.)
- A listening ear for any struggles or obstacles you maybe experiencing.
- Infant feeding support, whether you breastfeed, bottle feed or mix feed. I can offer practical help with suggestions for successful breastfeeding and signposts to more specialist help. Or help you learn make up bottles appropriately.
- Household help and chores, while you adjust to your new life and bond with your baby.
- If desired, help communicating with the relevant health professionals (midwives, health visitors etc.) If needed, I can accompany you to drop ins, appointments, or just keep you company on trips out with your newborn.
Price: £19 per hour plus expenses (travel expenses charged at 45p per mile after the first five miles)
3 Step Rewind for Traumatic Birth or Pregnancy Recovery:
- Initial session where we get to know one another and discuss your goals and what you would like the rewind to do for you (you do not need to reveal any details about your traumatic experience, unless you feel you would like to.)
- In the second session we will do a relaxation script and approach the rewind process. This can take up to an hour. We can talk afterwards if you want to.
- I aim to check in with you a week later, to see how you are feeling and discuss the process. Often this is enough but if we need to, we can book in another rewind session if appropriate.
Price: £75 for 3 step rewind process (2-3 sessions). £50 for any follow up sessions.